Rediscovering domesticity in a modern world

Rediscovering domesticity in a modern world

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Clutter Challange - Day 4

Today was a wash, as far as my war against clutter goes.  I was getting some computer work done when I noticed that the kids had been eerily quiet.  You know the feeling that you get right before something VERY BAD happens?  I had that feeling then.  Before I could investigate I heard shrieks of laughter.

As a mommy, I knew whatever it was, it would be bad.  Very bad.

When I went to my son's room, I discovered that it was worse than I thought.  My lovely, adorable, amazingly good, 23 month old daughter had taken an entire bag of cat food... and dumped it on my son's bedroom floor.  She was happily eating said cat food.

So, long story short, the time I was going to spend on the kitchen counter/breadbox/junk magnet was spent sweeping, vacuuming, and hand picking tiny round pellets of cat food up.  I'm still finding cat food.  I will be finding cat food for the foreseeable future.  It's entirely possible that the people who buy our house from us, years down the road, will be finding cat food.

1 comment:

  1. I've been checking every day for updates - how's it going???

    ReplyDelete

Followers