Rediscovering domesticity in a modern world

Rediscovering domesticity in a modern world

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Clutter Challange - Day 2



This might be harder than I thought.  While I was successful with the front bookshelf, when I woke up today I had no idea where to go next.  There's just so darn much stuff in here!  I need a battle plan!

Here's my plan so far: I will work on a project in a different room each day.  That way I feel like the whole house is getting attention instead of having one room all nice and pretty and the rest of the place looking like strange combination of a bulimic toy store and the day after mardi gras.




Day 2:
Here's my itinerary for today: My bathroom cabinets, 2 loads of laundry (the load of cloth diapers I currently have in the washer don't count) both washed AND folded AND put away, and 20 minutes of picking up the day's detritus when the kids go to bed.  I'll have to throw out some of my hair product collection... but I'm sure my husband will appreciate my sacrifice.  He had better...


Here are my oh-so-embarrassing bathroom cabinets.  It's a good thing that we don't have people over for parties, because they might open a cabinet and be mauled by hydrocortizone cream that's past it's expiration date. I'll have to throw out some of my hair product collection too... but I'm sure my husband will appreciate my sacrifice.  He had better...


Before:
PhotobucketPhotobucket  

After:

My cabinets look so much better!  While I probably didn't get rid of as many hair products and various lotions/body sprays as my husband would have liked (he brags that he only needs four things to get ready - body wash, shaving cream, a razor, and deodorant), I'm a girl and can't get by without my arsenal of beauty products.

However, I did throw out a disturbing amount of old medication, some of which had expired in 2007.  Pretty <insert explective here> bad.

All in all - Day 2 was a success!



PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. great job on de-cluttering- i am the same. very easy to use the kids as an excuse to not get anything done :)

    FWIW- you can call your local walgreens about disposing of old/unwanted meds or even google your city to see if the government might have a program to dispose of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ christy - When I asked the pharmacist, she told me to put them in the trash with something unappetizing, like dirty cat litter. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Followers